Exciting news!!!… No, I didn’t win the lottery or get engaged to royalty (a girl can dream), but I did find out that I have been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award! This Award is given to women bloggers, by other women bloggers, to recognize the unique female voices across the world.
First, understand that I did not think anyone besides my family and friends would be reading my blog, and second, I am truly honored that I have been recognized for writing things that inspire me. So you better believe that as soon as I found out I was nominated for this award, there was a rendition of the Isley Brothers, SHOUT! playing in my head (ok, ok and maybe a dance too).
As a recipient of this meaningful award I am tasked to answer questions given to me, nominate other bloggers, and give them new questions to answer.
Here are the questions given to me by Lucky Travel, along with my answers:
1) If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be? Iceland. I love living in Thailand, but a change in cooler weather would be nice and also Iceland is on the top of my list.
2) If you could pick one person to travel the world with, who would you take? My best friend and I happen to be awesome travel buddies. The ridiculous stories, mishaps, and laughs are endless!
3) Would you rather be lying in a hammock on a hot desert island, or sleeping in a handmade tree house in the forest? Is there any way I can choose both? I like keeping my options open. If I had to choose, probably a hammock those things are so comfortable!
4) Can you remember the best street food you’ve ever eaten? That would be in Thailand. I have my favorites but there are so many to choose from; these vendors know what they are doing!
5) If you could have been born anywhere in the world, where would you choose? I like being an American, however, I think I would have been exposed to more languages if I was born anywhere in Europe. It’s difficult learning new languages when you’re older.
6) What do you miss most about home when you’re away? My mom’s cooking; mostly her salsa!
7) What is the one thing you could not live without on your travels? I couldn’t live without trying the local beer or wine from that country. It’s important to expose yourself to the culture of any place you visit.
8) Can you remember the first trip you ever took? Salamanca, Spain was my first international trip on my very own! The trip where I was happily infected with the travel bug and have been on the go ever since.
9) What inspired you to start your blog? It was just a way to let my family and friends know what I was up to during my year away in a different country. I never thought it would be such a therapeutic thing for me.
10) If you could offer your readers one piece of advice, what would it be? Have drinks, laugh, and share stories with others because there is always something to be learned. Explore, be adventurous, and be opened to new things; Never stop being INSPIRED!
Now, I nominate 7 bloggers that I find inspiring:
Victoria – http://littledonkeytravels.com/
Anitrice – http://godivaworldtravels.com/
Lucy – http://www.ontheluce.com/
Carissa – http://everydayasia.com/
And here are your questions ladies: